Friday, April 9, 2010

In Memory of Michael H.

Michael H. was a very special boy. The son of my dear friend Jenn, he was born with a serious heart condition and underwent three heart surgeries during his short life.

Michael passed away a year ago today at the age of 9.

Jenn and I met during the summer of '98 while working at a summerstock theatre in the northwoods of Wisconsin. Much like many of my theatre experiences, we were part of a tight knit group that has stayed in touch over the past 12 years, though we (Jenn & I) have not seen each other but maybe once since. (A shame, I know.) I did not have the fortune of meeting Michael in person, but I've always loved hearing and reading stories about him from Jenn.

Michael was an avid Star Wars fan who loved to dance, snuggle, watch the movie 'Elf' and most importantly, loved his Mommy. I didn't 'know' him, but I know this is true.

I'll never forget you, Michael H. You are the best form of sunshine, for you were borne of the sun herself.

No comments: