Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Our Sweet Boy
I'm so proud of the sweet boy Max is turning into. Some recent examples that have completely melted my heart:
- We were having a sing-along before bedtime books and as I was singing one of the songs I used to sing to him in the NICU (a childhood Disney favorite from 'Oliver & Company'), he leaned in, put his head on my shoulder and held my hand. Just because.
- Max has become extremely attached to some of the other MFA design students, Grace in particular. Last night at dinner, Grace excused herself to use the restroom and Max's eyes teared up and he started bawling until she returned.
- We went to the gym after dinner tonight and when I was finished working out and went to pick up Max from the daycare room, the response I received was: "How old is is he? (21 mos) He's SO SMART! We've been sitting here laughing in stitches the whole time!" As we were headed to the door, Max waved goodbye and the lady asked if she could have the toy Max was apparently trying to swipe. She asked for the toy again and he thought she meant to say goodbye, so he waved again. Repeat, only this time he thought she wanted a hug, so he walked over to the rocking chair and kissed her arm and nestled his head in the crook of her arm.
- After bathtime I told him that being his mom was the best job in the world. He leaned in and kissed me on the lips.
- Michael just recited Green Eggs & Ham over speakerphone to Max from memory before bedtime. (Incredible!) As he was saying goodnight, Max (who had been holding the phone up to his ear) kissed the mouthpiece.
I can't get enough of this kid.