Although it's been a rough fall, we have so much to be thankful for...
- Our beautiful & thriving little boy!
- Michael's early cancer detection
- Our amazing and loving families
- The outpouring of support, prayers, kind words, good ch'i, etc. from friends (and strangers!)
- New jeans
- All of Michael's extremely supportive and understanding professors
- My BFF Jamie for taking several completely uncomprehensible and distraught phone calls
- The neonatologists, nurses & care staff at Geisinger Medical Center (particularly Dr. C, who offered the 'final resort' experimental treatment of nitric oxide that essentially saved Max's life!)
- Senses of humor
- Our faithful dog-child (Bernie) and his patience through all of life's stresses & changes this fall
- Hilarious homemade onesies from Amy & Calley
- Skype and text messaging
- Each other
- Health Insurance (Hi, understatement of the year!)
- Power Naps
- Random acts of kindness
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! May this be a day filled with family, friends and tryptophan-filled naps!
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - J.F.K.