Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks & Waterparks

Max experienced his first 'at home' fireworks display on the 4th. ('At home' = pack 'o fun sparklers/fountains/etc from Wal-Mart) His reactions were priceless- he wasn't overly scared and didn't cry, he was just... surprised. As he's starting to use more syllables, 'oh' has been a favorite. This also turned out to be part of his reaction to the fireworks- the look of surprise + "Ohhhhhh! Ohhhh!" over and over. And with those 'oh's' came the perfect 'O' shape with his mouth. Freakin' adorable. I did take plenty of video for Daddy, but have to figure out how to transfer it to my computer. I promise to post some soon!

Tomorrow we're headed to WI Dells, a favorite childhood vacation spot of my family. I'm particuarly excited because my youngest brother, his girlfriend and my sister will be meeting us there! (Chris & Dana have not met Max yet!) We're keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate, as one of the days will be spent at Noah's Ark. We'll also enjoy breakfast (perhaps more than once) at one of our favorite spots- Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty and watch Dad race at ADare Go Carts (also a tradition).

Pics to come!

No comments: