Sunday, July 26, 2009

'Relative'ly Mobile


Here's a pic of Max with his Aunt Becky and meeting his Great Grandma Flossie for the very first time last weekend. He has become quite the camera ham and whenever I pull mine out he immediately poses. Michael calls me the 'Mommarazzi', which is (of course) quite fitting given the number of pictures I take on a regular basis.

On Saturday my Dad, Max and I made a whirlwind trip to pick up Dr. Becky's couches from her apartment. She recently finished her residency and is moving all the way to California (wine country!) this coming week! We had a deeelicious lunch with her at the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co., then packed up the couches, took down the satellite dish and hit the road again. We spent more time in the truck than with her, but it was great to see her again before she starts her trek to the West Coast. Who knows? Maybe Max's first dip in the ocean will be in the Pacific?

And finally, today was a big day- Max pulled himself up to a standing position with the help of the couch! It was just his height, as the cushions were not on it at the time. He was quite proud of himself and I was both thrilled and tired at the same time! His mobility has taken huge strides in what feels like only the past week or two and he's definitely going to keep us on our toes. (Note: it turns out it didn't matter that there wasn't a cushion on that couch- later this evening he pulled himself up to me on a couch with cushions!) Naturally, I have video of the big event, but I want Michael to see it first before I post it for the masses!

Michael and I have yet to take a honeymoon, but we joke that we're taking separate ones- he's on his right now in London and I took mine two months before our wedding. (I had the good fortune of booking a tour of A Chorus Line in Hawaii and the poor guy was left at home to finish planning it while I worked (ahem, played) in Maui & Honolulu for two weeks.) As I was telling him about Max's mobility the other day he said something to the likes of "So I shouldn't really think of this as my honeymoon, but rather as the only rest I'll be getting for the next 10 years?"

My answer: "Heck yeah- enjoy the rest, man!"

No comments: